Courses a.y. 2016/2017
20481 BUSINESS GAME (per Management) / BUSINESS GAME (for Management)
30276 FAMILY BUSINESS STRATEGIES
30314 ENTREPRENEURIAL ECONOMICS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Born September 2nd, 1968. Degree in Business Administration from Università Bocconi. PhD in Business Administration and Management, Università Bocconi. PhD in Entrepreneurship and management at the Jönköping International Business School, Sweden.
- Full Professor of Business Strategy.
- Director of the undergraduate program in "Economia Aziendale & Management" (CLEAM) since 2013.
- Director of the M.Sc. in Management between 2005 and 2010.
- Chair of the Entrepreneurship Division of the Academy of management, until 2016.
- Assistant Professor at Carlo Cattaneo University, Castellanza, since 2004
- Visiting scholar at the Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania, between 2001-2003.
Strategy and management of Family Firms. Dynamic Capabilities and Organizational Routines.
- Salvato, C., & Vassolo, R. (forthcoming). The sources of dynamism in dynamic capabilities. Strategic Management Journal (Special Issue "New Theory in Strategic Management").
- Chirico, F., & Salvato, C. (2016). Knowledge internalization and product development in family firms: When relational and affective factors matter. Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, forthcoming.
- Salvato, C., & Corbetta, G. (2013). Transitional leadership of advisors as a facilitator of successors’ leadership construction. Family Business Review, 26(3): 235-255.
- Salvato, C. Minichilli, A., & Piccarreta, R. (2012). Career dynamics of CEOs in family and nonfamily firms. An optimal matching analysis. Family Business Review, 25(2): 206-224.
- Salvato, C., & Rerup C. (2011). Beyond collective entities: Multilevel research on organizational routines and capabilities. Journal of Management, 37(2): 468-490.
- Salvato, C. (2009). Capabilities unveiled. The role of ordinary activities in the evolution of product development processes. Organization Science, 20(2): 384–409.
- Zahra, S., Hayton, J., & Salvato, C. (2004). Entrepreneurship in family vs. non-family firms: A resource-based analysis of the effect of organizational culture. Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, 28(4): 363-381.
- Corbetta, G., & Salvato, C. (2004). Self-serving or self-actualizing? Models of man and agency costs in different types of family firms. Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, 28(4): 355-362.
- Salvato, C. (2003). The role of micro-strategies in the engineering of firm evolution. Journal of Management Studies, 40(1): 83-108.