Born on November 9, 1973. PhD in Management, IESE Business School. Laurea in Management Engineering, Università degli Studi di Brescia.
Member of the Executive Committee (2012-2014) and of the Research Committee (2010-2012), Academy of Management, Business Policy and Strategy (BPS) Division.
Member of the Editorial Board: Strategic Management Journal, Journal of Management, and European Management Review.
He has been a Visiting Scholar at the Harvard University and at the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto.
Strategy, Innovation strategy.
- Open Innovation: Are inbound and outbound knowledge flows really complementary? Forthcoming, Strategic Management Journal (with B. Cassiman).
- Bribery and Investment: Firm-level Evidence from Africa and Latin America. Forthcoming, Strategic Management Journal (with A. Birhanu and A. Gambardella).
- The role of technology in M&A: The case of the U.S. healthcare market. Forthcoming, Industrial and Corporate Change (with N. Mas).
- The impact of M&A on rivals’ innovation strategy. Forthcoming, Long Range Planning.
- Strategic Incentives to Human Capital, Strategic Management Journal, 2015, 36, p. 37-52 (with A. Gambardella and C. Panico).
- The Rejuvenation of Inventors through Corporate Spin-Outs, Organization Science, 2014, 25, p. 1764-1784 (with S. Brusoni and B. Cirillo).
- Selective Learning-by-exporting: Firm size and product versus process innovation, Global Strategy Journal, 2014, 4, p. 161-180 (with E. Golovko).
- The Effects of Legal Reforms on the Ownership Structure of Listed Companies, Industrial and Corporate Change, 2013, 22, p. 427-458 (with F. Cuomo and A. Zattoni).
- M&A and the Profile of Inventive Activity, Strategic Organization, 2012, 12, p. 384-405 (with C. Di Guardo).
- Measuring the Effect of M&A on Patenting Quantity and Quality, Strategic Management Journal, 2012, 33, p.336-346.
- Exploring the Complementarity between Innovation and Export for SMEs’ Growth, Journal of International Business Studies, 2011, 42, p. 362-380 (with E. Golovko).
- Organizing links with science: Cooperate or Contract? A project level approach, Research Policy, 2010, 39, p. 882-892 (with B. Cassiman and C. Di Guardo).
- Organizing R&D Projects: Insights from Co-opetition, Long Range Planning, 2009, 42, p. 216-233 (with B. Cassiman and C. Di Guardo).
- Strategic Organization of R&D: The Choice of Basicness and Openness, Strategic Organization, 2009, 7, p. 43-73 (with B. Cassiman).
- Taking Actively Advantage of MNCs’ Presence, Small Business Economics, 2007, 28, p. 55-68 (with C. Di Guardo).
- The Consignment Stock of Inventories: Industrial Case and Performance Analysis, International Journal of Production Economics, 2003, 81-82, p. 215-224 (with L. Zavanella).