Courses a.y. 2021/2022
40053 MICROECONOMICS 2
40980 READING GROUP ROBUST MECHANISM DESIGN AND THE THEORY OF STRATEGIC REASONING
41015 READING GROUP ROBUST MODELLING OF MARKETS AND DESIGN OF INSTITUTIONS
Born on June 18th, 1961. Degree in Economic and Social Sciences, Bocconi University. Master in Econometrics and Mathematical Economics, London School of Economics. PhD in Economics, Bocconi University.
Full Professor of Microeconomics and Game Theory. Head of the Department of Decison Sciences. Dean of the PhD School 2014-19. Director of the PhD in Economics 2005-2010. He has taught at the Politecnico di Milano, Princeton University, and the European University Institute. He is a Fellow of the Econometric Society, Fellow and a founding member of the Game Theory Society, and Economic Theory Fellow. He is Editor of the Journal of Economic Theory. He is or was Associate Editor of Econometrica, Games and Economic Behavior, International Journal of Game Theory, Theoretical Economics, and Texts in Logic and Games.
Microeconomic theory, game theory, and decision theory.
- "A Framework for the Analysis of Self-Confirming Policies" (with S. Cerreia Vioglio, F. Maccheroni, M. Marinacci, and T. Sargent), Theory and Decision, 2022, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11238-021-09862-9.
- "Belief-Dependent Motivations and Psychological Game Theory" (with M. Dufwenberg), Journal of Economic Literature, forthcoming.
- "Beliefs, Plans, and Perceived Intentions in Dynamic Games" (with N. De Vito), Journal of Economic Theory, 2021, 195, 105283.
- "Frustration and Anger in the Ultimatum Game: An Experiment" (with C. Aina, and A. Gamba), Games and Economic Behavior, 2020, 122, 150-167.
- "Behavioral Equivalence of Extensive Game Structures" (with P. Leonetti and F. Maccheroni), Games and Economic Behavior, 2020, 121, 533-547.
- "Incorporating Belief-Dependent Motivation in Games" (with R. Corrao, andM. Dufwenberg), Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 2019, 167, 185-318.
- "Belief-Dependent Preferences and Reputation: Experimental Analysis of a Repeated Trust Game" (with G. Attanasi, E. Manzoni, and R. Nagel), Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 2019, 167, 341-360.
- "Learning and Self-Confirming Long-Run Biases" (with A. Francetich, G. Lanzani e M. Marinacci), Journal of Economic Theory, 2019, 183, pp. 740-785.
- "Frustration, Aggression, and Anger in Leader-Follower Games" (with M. Dufwenberg e A. Smith), Games and Economic Behavior, 2019, 115, 117, pp. 15-39.
- "Ambiguity Attitudes and Self-Confirming Equilibrium in Sequential Games" (with G. Lanzani, E. Catonini, and M. Marinacci), Games and Economic Behavior, 2019, 115, pp. 1-29.
- "Interactive Epistemology in Simple Dynamic Games with a Continuum of Strategies" con P. Tebaldi), Economic Theory, 2019, 68, pp. 737-763.
- "Cooperation Across Disciplines: A Multilevel Perspective on Cooperative Behavior in Governing Interfirm Relations" (with C. Salvato and J. Reuer), Academy of Management Annals, 2017, 11, pp. 1-45.
- "Mixed Extensions of Decision Problems under Uncertainty" (with S. Cerreia Vioglio, F. Maccheroni, M. Marinacci) in Economic Theory, 2017, 63, pp. 827-866.
- "A Note on Comparative Ambiguity Aversion and Justifiability" (with S. Cerreia Vioglio, F. Maccheroni, and M. Marinacci) in Econometrica, 2016, 84, pp. 1903-1916.
- "Incomplete Information Models of Guilt Aversion in the Trust Game" (with G. Attanasi and E. Manzoni) in Management Science, 2016, 62, pp. 648-667.
- "Self-Confirming Equilibrium and Model Uncertainty" (con S. Cerreia Vioglio, F. Maccheroni e M. Marinacci) in American Economic Review, 2015, 105, pp. 646-677.
- "Strategies and Interactive Beliefs in Dynamic Games" (with A. Di Tillio and D. Samet) in Advances in Economics and Econometrics, 2013, pp. 391-422.
- "Deception: The Role of Guilt" (with M. Dufwenberg and G. Charness) in Journal of Economic Behaviour & Organization, 2013, 93, pp. 227-232.
- "Forward Induction Reasoning Revisited" (with A. Friedenberg) in Theoretical Economics, 2012, 7, pp. 57-98.
- "Interactive Epistemology and Solution Concepts for Games with Asymmetric Information" (with A. Di Tillio, E. Grillo and A. Penta) in The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics (Advances), 2011, 11, Issue 1, Article 6.
- "Dynamic Psychological Games" (with M. Dufwenberg) in Journal of Economic Theory, 2009, 144, pp. 1-35.
- "Costly Contracting in a Long-Term Relationship" (with G. Maggi) in RAND Journal of Economics, 2008, 39, pp. 352-377.
- "Guilt in Games" (with M. Dufwenberg) in American Economic Review (P&P), 97, 2007, pp. 170-176.
- "Rationalizable Bidding in First Price Auctions" (with M. Siniscalchi), in Games and Economic Behavior, 45, 2003, pp. 38-72.
- "Rationalization and Incomplete Information" (with M. Siniscalchi), in Advances in Theoretical Economics, 3 (1), 2003, Article 3.
- "Strong Belief and Forward Introduction Reasoning" (with M. Siniscalchi), in Journal of Economic Theory, 106, 2002, pp. 356-391.
- "Rigidity, Discretion and the Cost of Writing Contracts" (with G. Maggi), in American Economic Review, 92, 2002, pp. 798-817.
- "Hierarchies of Conditional Beliefs and Interactive Epistemology in Dynamic Games" (with M. Siniscalchi), in Journal of Economic Theory, 88, 1999, pp. 188-230.
- "Dynamic Consistency and Imperfect Recall", in Games and Economic Behavior, 20, 1997, pp. 31-50.
- "On Rationalizability in Extensive Games", in Journal of Economic Theory, 74, 1997, pp. 40-61.
- "On 'Reputation' Refinements with Heterogeneous Beliefs" (with J. Watson), in Econometrica, 65, 1997, pp. 369-374.
- "The Logic of Belief Persistence", in Economics and Philosophy, 13, 1997, pp. 39-59;
- "Strategic Independence and Perfect Bayesian Equilibria", in Journal of Economic Theory, 70, 1996, pp. 201-234.
- "A Note on Stochastic Independence without Savage-Null Events" (with P. Veronesi), in Journal of Economic Theory, 70, 1996, pp. 235-248.
- "Strategic Rationality Orderings and the Best Rationalization Principle", in Games and Economic Behavior, 13, 1996, pp. 178-200.