Courses a.y. 2015/2016
10726 TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION MANAGEMENT
20455 TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION STRATEGY - MODULE I (TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION MANAGEMENT)
30014 GESTIONE DELLA TECNOLOGIA, DELL'INNOVAZIONE E DELLE OPERATIONS [TECHNOLOGY AND OPERATIONS]
40322 FUNDAMENTALS OF TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION MANAGEMENT
Born in Milan, Italy. Degree in Business Administration from Bocconi University, where he also obtained a PhD in Business Administration and Management. He has been Visiting Scholar at the Sloan School of Management ath the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1997-1998) and Visiting Professor at the Tuck School of Business at dartmouth College (Winter terms 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013)
TIM (Telecom Italia Mobile) Chair in Market Innovation, Professor of Management. Since 2011 he is being Director of the Master in Business Administration (MBA) of SDA Bocconi School of Management and member of the University Hiring Committee. He has been Deputy Director (2004-2007) and Director (2008-2011) of the PhD in Business Administration and Management. He has also been Programme Chair of the Competitive Strategy Division of the Strategic Management Society. He sits on the Editorial Boards of: Strategic Management Journal, Strategic Organization, Journal of Management and Journal of Management Studies.
Technology and Innovation Management with particular reference to: Dynamic Capabilities; Knowledge Integration; User Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Di Stefano G., Peteraf M., Verona G. forthcoming “The organizational drivetrain: A road to integration of dynamic capabilities research”, forthcoming in Academy of Management Perspective.
- Di Stefano G., King A., Verona G. forthcoming “Kitchen Confidential? Norms for the use of transferred knowledge in gourmet cuisine”, forthcoming in Strategic Management Journal.
- Peteraf M., Di Stefano G., Verona G. 2013 “The elephant in the room of dynamic capabilities: Bringing two diverging conversations together” Strategic Management Journal 34: 1389–1410 (First article in the issue).
- Stadler C., Helfat C., Verona G 2013 “The impact of dynamic capabilities on resource access and development” forthcoming in Organization Science 24 (6): 1782–1804.
- Di Stefano G., Gambardella A., Verona G. 2012 “Technology push and demand pull perspectives in innovation studies: Current findings and future research directions” in Research Policy 41: 1283-1295.
- De Luca, L., Verona G., Vicari S. 2010. “Market Orientation and R&D Effectiveness in High Technology Firms: An Empirical Investigation in the Biotechnology Industry”. Journal of Product Innovation Management 27: 299-320 (First article in the issue).
- Di Stefano, G., Peteraf, M., Verona G. 2010. “Dynamic Capabilities Deconstructed: A Bibliographic Investigation into the Origins, Developments and Future Directions of the Research Domain”, Industrial and Corporate Change, 19 (4): 1-18.
- Severi Bruni D., Verona G. 2009. “Dynamic Marketing Capabilities in Science‐based Firms: An Exploratory Investigation in the Pharmaceutical Industry”. British Journal of Management 20: 101–117.
- Cillo P., Verona G. 2008. “Search Style in Style Searching: Learning Exploration Strategies from Fine Fashion”. Long Range planning, 41 (6).
- Jawecki G., Fueller J., Verona G. 2008 Innovative consumer behavior in online communities. European Advances in Consumer Research 8: 513-518.
- Cillo, P., Verona G., Vicari S. 2007. “The Interlink Between Resources and Capabilities: Towards a Theoretical Frame for the Development of Dynamic Capabilities”, International Journal of Learning and Intellectual Capital, 4 (1‐2): 111‐131.
- Robertson P., Verona G. 2006. “Post‐Chandlerian Firms: Technological change and firm boundaries”, Australian Economic History Review, 46 (1): 70‐94.
- Prandelli, E., G. Verona, D. Raccagni 2006. “Web-based Product Innovation”, California Management Review, 48 (4), pp. 109-135.
- Verona, G, E. Prandelli, M. Sawhney 2006. “Innovation and virtual environments: towards virtual knowledge brokers”, Organization Studies, 27(6), pp. 765-788 (First article in the issue 50 citations ISI Web of Knowledge and 154 Google Scholar).
- M. Sawhney, G. Verona, E. Prandelli, 2005. “Collaborating to Create: The Internet as a Platform for Customer Engagement in Product Innovation”, Journal of Interactive Marketing, 19(4), pp. 3-17 (First article in the issue, Runner-up for best paper of the journal, currently 440 citations Google Scholar).
- Sawhney, M., E. Prandelli, G. Verona, 2003. “The Power of Innomediation”, MIT Sloan Management Review, Winter, 44 (2), pp. 77-82.
- Verona G., Ravasi D. 2003. “Unbundling Dynamic Capabilities: An Exploratory Study on Continuous Product Development”, Industrial and Corporate Change, 12 (3): 577‐606 (currently 96 citations ISI Web of Knowledge and 345 Google Scholar).
- E. Prandelli, G. Verona, 2002. “A dynamic model of customer loyalty for sustaining competitive advantage on the Web”, European Management Journal, 20 (3), pp. 299-309.
- Ravasi D., Verona G., 2001. “Organizing the Process of Knowledge Integration. The Benefits of Structural Ambiguity”, Scandinavian Journal of Management, 17, 2001.
- Verona, G. 1999. “A Resource‐based View of Product Development” in The Academy of Management Review, 24 (1): 132‐142 (currently 159 citations ISI Web of Knowledge and 534 Google Scholar).