MILES BERNARD GIETZMANN
Courses a.y. 2022/2023
30518 INTRODUCTION TO BLOCKCHAIN
40977 ACCOUNTING 2 - ACCOUNTING THEORY
Awarded a First Class BSc Honours Degree in Economics and Accounting from Newcastle University and a PhD from the Faculty of Economics at Durham University.
Former Head of the Department of Accounting, University Bocconi (2016-2019). Has previously held full time positions at the London School of Economics, University of Bristol and City University. Held visiting positions at the GSB University of Chicago and University of Michigan.
Corporate disclosure, securities regulation, strategic cost management, M&A.
- M. Gietzmann, A. Faelten, V. Vitkova. Learning from your investors: can the geographic composition of institutional investors affect the chance of success in international M&A deals. JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT & GOVERNANCE, p.19, Vol. 1, 2015
- M.B. Gietzmann, A.K. Pettinicchio.External auditor reassessment of client business risk following the issuance of a comment letter by the SEC. EUROPEAN ACCOUNTING REVIEW pp. 57-85 Vol. 23, 2014
- M. Gietzmann, A.Ostaszewski. Multi-firm Voluntary Disclosures for Correlated Operations, ANNALS OF FINANCE pp. 1-45 Vol. 1, 2014
- M. Gietzmann, I. Raonic. Thinly Traded Growth Stocks: A Joint Examination of Transparency in Communication and the Trading Platform. EUROPEAN ACCOUNTING REVIEW pp. 257-289 Vol.23, 2014
- M. Gietzmann, A. Ostaszewski.Why Managers with Low Forecast Precision Select High Disclosure Intensity: An Equilibrium Analysis, REVIEW OF QUANTITATIVE FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING, pp. 121-153 Vol. 43, 2014
- M. Gietzmann, A. Faelten, V. Vitkova. Naked M&A Transactions: How the Lack of Local Expertise in Cross Border deals Can Negatively affect Acquirer Performance and How Informed Institutional Investors Can Mitigate This Effect, JOURNAL OF BUSINESS FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING pp. 469-506 Vol. 41, 2014
- M. Gietzmann, H. Isidro. Institutional Investors' Reaction to SEC Concerns about IFRS and US GAAP Reporting. JOURNAL OF BUSINESS FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING, p.40, Vol.7/8, 2013
- Gietzmann M. and H. Isidro; Analysis of Institutional Investors' Reaction to the Issuance of SEC's Comment Letters to European IFRS Registrants versus US GAAP Registrants, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, 2013.
- Carapeto, M. and M. Gietzmann;Sell-Side Analyst Bias when Investment banks Have Privileged Access to the Board, Financial Management 2011.